2014년 9월 6일 토요일

Classical argument outline


 
1. The introduction, which warms up the audience, establishes goodwill and rapport with the readers, and announces the general theme or thesis of the argument.
 
 
I will start by explaining the definition of sport psychology. Then I will suggest several examples of successful therapies in these field. I will end with my thesis, “Psychology has a great impact on sports.”
    
 
 
2. The narration, which summarizes relevant background material, provides any information the audience needs to know about the environment and circumstances that produce the argument, and set up the stakes-what’s at risk in this question. In academic writing, this often takes the form of a literature review.
  
I will suggest some articles and reports written by professors who study sport psychology. It tells the role of psychology in sport and its effects. Also, I will explain the history of sport psychology development briefly.
    
 
 
3. The confirmation, which lays out in a logical order (usually strongest to weakest or most obvious to most subtle) the claims that support the thesis, providing evidence for each claim.
 
I will start by highlighting and elaborating the examples that I mentioned in Introduction, and emphasize the importance of psychology to athletes and their performances.
  
 
4. The refutation and concession, which looks at opposing viewpoints to the writer’s claims, anticipating objections from the audience, and allowing as much of the opposing viewpoints as possible without weakening the thesis.

If there is an objections that the athelte's performance ability is much more important than psychology, I will concede that the ability is necessary factor to do well in the match. However I will emphasize my opinion, 'Psychology has a great impact on sports' because psychology is not indispensable one but it makes effective results.
  
  
5. The summation, which provides a strong conclusion, amplifying the force of the argument, and showing the readers that this solution is the best at meeting the circumstances.
I will close with a summary of my previous points, then a brief consideration of practical usage of sport psychology. The purpose of my thesis is to announce and underscore my topic, so I will end my topic with several examples like Yuna Kim and Seunghoon Lee.